Monday, July 7, 2008

The Peace of Be-ing – The Beauty of Be-ing

There’s nothing like the peace of a park bench at the seaside, nothing.
s
There’s nothing quite like the gently beating breeze as it buffets and soothes the auricles from behind.
s
As I close my eyes and feel the senses enveloped by creation in placid flight, I know peace -- I know my little and satisfying place in the world.
s
I feel the pump in my quads courtesy of a sprinting bicycle ride; the beating of my heart and the release of endorphins attests -- I am free!
s
The white noise of the waves dancing with each other and virtual stillness of the landscape juxtapose.
s
The birds, many varieties, sweep nonchalantly through the air, interacting with their environment completely unaware of the pleasure they give me.
s
As I sit for a moment at this bench I know beauty. It is what I feel, it is there right this moment. Grab it... no I can’t. It’s not there to be kept.
s
Taking it all in; allowing life to happen; peace sweeping over my being. I am be-ing.
s
The peace of be-ing is God’s treasure and gift to me... to you too. It’s there for the taking. What an amazing experience life can be. It can be breathtaking and I suggest it is the most breathtaking when you consider it alone... when you’re all alone with only your senses, wow.
s
Life and all there is to see, hear, taste, touch, and smell in creation. How could this place not have been created by an all-knowing, all-powerful, and all-loving God? Why is the created world more interesting that the human-made world? How is that the white noise of waves is infinitely more peaceful than the ‘white noise’ of traffic?
s
Ponder.
s
Copyright © 2008, Steven John Wickham. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.

No comments: